|4-H Regional Extension Agent (Chilton & Coosa Counties)|
|***Minimum Starting Salary***|
$37,630 for a Bachelor's degree
$41,630 for a Master's degree
|For Specifics About Job Duties Contact:|
Dr. Molly Gregg
Asst. Director, 4-H Program
Chilton County Extension Office
504 First Avenue North
Clanton, AL 35045
|Priority Program Area:|
4-H and Youth Development
Chilton and Coosa Counties
PURPOSE OF POSITION: The purposes of the 4-H Foundation Regional Extension Agent position are to 1) provide leadership, direction, organization, and implementation of a broad based two-county 4-H program; 2) provide experiential learning opportunities for youth to improve knowledge, develop leadership skills and abilities, gain independence, and engage in personal growth and development in preparing for a positive role in society; and 3) work collaboratively with the County 4-H Teams, other Regional Extension Agents, and State 4-H Team to support two-county 4-H objectives.
RELATIONSHIPS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The 4-H Foundation Regional Extension Agent is a member of the County 4-H Teams in both assigned counties (along with the County Extension Coordinator, County Extension Agent, Agent Assistant, and Administrative Support staff) with each team member carrying out specific roles and responsibilities. Each Team’s common purpose is to grow and sustain the county 4-H program in five areas of excellence:
• Forming a unified Alabama 4-H team and program
• Utilizing consistent research-based curriculum resources
• Diversifying delivery modes tailored to today’s youth
• Promoting plan-of-work development and teamwork at all levels
• Aligning staff and position assignments to support program resources and delivery modes
In each assigned county, specific 4-H Foundation Agent responsibilities include:
• Provide leadership to development of an annual county 4-H strategic plan that includes a youth demographic report, determines delivery mode application, and sets goals.
• Provide leadership to develop and implement a county annual program plan-of-work that ensures youth ages 9 to 18 have access to 4-H programming through a balance of delivery modes and curricula supported by State 4-H Office.
• Leverage resources by providing leadership and coordination for 4-H volunteer development, including recruitment, selection, orientation, and training.
• Responsible to County 4-H Team for providing expertise and leadership regarding policies, decisions, and directions of county 4-H program in alignment with ACES and Auburn University guidelines and policies.
• Provide leadership to County 4-H Youth Council. Has shared responsibility for County 4-H Advisory Committee with County Extension Coordinator.
• Maintain effective communication and develop networks and partnerships with ACES personnel, and local agencies and organizations to enhance program delivery and evaluation.
• Maintain professional competence through study, participation in professional activities, and the application of knowledge and skills on the job. Provide training to County 4-H Team members and volunteers.
•Identify and pursue resources to enhance local programs; work with County 4-H Teams to attract and use such resources and manage budgets in an appropriate manner.
• Assure compliance with civil rights and affirmative action policies related to serving underserved and underrepresented audiences.
• Evaluates and reports program impacts of at least two programs annually.
• A Bachelor’s degree must be completed prior to beginning the position. Degrees may have been awarded in a number of different areas but must provide a broad understanding of positive youth development.
• Demonstrated leadership skills working with people as individuals and in groups, and ability to forge equitable partnerships with other professionals and organizations to accomplish team goals.
• Understanding of different demographic and socioeconomic audiences, commitment to include diverse voices in program prioritization and planning, and a commitment to developing and delivering inclusive and targeted programming.
• Evidence of success in being a self-starter, working in a self-directed work environment, and having the ability to effectively set priorities and manage time.
• Strong communication skills -- writing, listening, public speaking and presenting.
• Computer literacy as demonstrated by evidence of technology use in an educational setting, including, but not limited to program development and delivery, and social media.
• Willingness and ability to travel (including overnight stays) and participate in evening and weekend programs and activities. Applicant must have a valid driver’s license and access to reliable transportation.
• A Master’s degree from an accredited institution in a related field is preferred. The successful incumbent will be required to obtain a master’s degree within five years of successfully completing a probationary period.
Interested candidates should submit the following to apply:
(1)Four forms found on our web site at: http://www.aces.edu/acesadm/business;
(2) Letter of application addressing each listed qualification in detail;
(3) Current resume;
(4) Names, addresses, e-mail addresses and telephone numbers for three references;
(5) Transcripts of all academic work (unofficial/copies acceptable during recruitment process; however, official transcripts will be required at time of hire).
The above information should be forwarded to ACES Business Office, c/o Ms. Kim Rogers, 103 Duncan Hall, Auburn University, AL 36849-5615 or by emailing as a single PDF document to email@example.com by July 6, 2018. Current ACES employees should submit a letter of application addressing each listed qualification in detail; Names, addresses, e-mail addresses and telephone numbers for three references; resume, and ensure that official transcripts are on file in the ACES Business Office. Current ACES employees that are in probationary status, must inform their supervisor of their interest in applying with final approval being required by the Administrative Team prior to submitting application materials. Forms may also be obtained by calling ACES Business Office at (334)844-5352, or fax: (334)844-5544.
ONLY COMPLETE APPLICATION PACKETS WILL BE CONSIDERED.
ACES/Auburn University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, sex, religion, color, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by applicable law.