Notes on using OutBoard
to the OutBoard:
- With your web browser,
go to the URL given to you by your OutBoard administrator. The URL will be
similar to this:
- Login with your OutBoard
username and password. This might be your regular system username and
password if Basic Authentication is in use.
- If you have trouble
logging in, contact your OutBoard administrator.
Using the board:
- Click the Change button on the
upper right to switch to "change" mode.
- For your own line, or the line of
another person (if the OutBoard is configured to allow this), move the dot
by clicking the box that corresponds with the latest time that you will be
back. You can also move the dot In and Out.
- Set your Remarks by clicking in
the remarks area (near the right side), or on the existing remarks if they
- Click the View button to switch
back to view-only mode.
Using the Report area:
- Click on the Report link at the
bottom of the window. This will open another, larger browser window.
- For non-administrators, their own
timesheet report will be displayed for the current pay period
- Administrators can also select another
user from the User pull-down menu.
- Select a pay period from the Pay
Period pull-down menu. The current pay period is the default setting.
- Click the Show button to show the
data for the specified user and time period.
- Once the data is displayed, you can click
the Create Timesheet button to create a document suitable for printing
Using the Admin area (administrators only):
- Click on the Admin link at the
bottom of the window.
- Click on Add a User to start the
process of adding a new user to the OutBoard. The Read Only option
allows people to log into the board, but not change anything. They also
are not listed on the board. The Admin option makes the user an
OutBoard administrator. Use with care.
- Click on Edit Users to edit an
existing OutBoard user's entry.
- Click on Return to OutBoard to go
back to the normal view (with dots and remarks.)
- People who have not moved their dots or
changed remarks in 18 hours (configurable) will be moved "out"
- The board only counts time for the time
clock when the dot is In.
- Remarks are visually truncated to 20
characters or so (configurable), and an arrow is placed to the right side
of the remark. Hover over this arrow with your mouse to see all of the
remark in a pop-up message.
- You can see who changed a dot or remark
by hovering over a user's dot with the mouse. A pop-up message will
appear, telling you the person who changed the information, which computer
they used, and at what time.